Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Avocado-Toast Breakfast Salad
- 4 slices bread, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 juice and orange plus other half reserved, zest Anjou pear
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, scooped and quartered
- 5 ounces baby arugula (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 radishes, very thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the bread and almonds on a baking sheet, and bake, flipping the bread once, until it is toasted and crunchy and the almonds are golden, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the vinegar, orange juice and zest, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a jar or other container with a lid. Secure the lid, and shake until combined. (The vinaigrette can be made a day ahead; shake well before serving.).
- Put an avocado quarter on each slice of toast, and mash and spread the avocado with a fork to cover. Quarter each piece of toast, and arrange the pieces on 4 plates with the points facing out to make a square.
- Toss the arugula, toasted almonds, feta, radishes and vinaigrette in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if necessary. Put a mound of salad on top of each avocado toast square. Quarter the remaining orange half, and garnish each salad with a piece.