Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
I could eat this everyday, I think! Lots of herbs and veggies, feta cheese, creamy avocado and a splash of tequila sauces up linguine (or fettucine). Bring on summer!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We enjoyed this recipe tonight for dinner. It was definitely a departure (in a good way!) from our typical pasta dishes. This tasted very fresh and reminded me of the flavors of summer. It involves a lot of chopping, so reserve the recipe for a night when you are not in a rush to get dinner to the table. We made no modifcations to the ingredients other than to use a little more jalapeno and angel hair pasta as I realized as I began the recipe that I was out of linguine. This worked ok, but the linguine would have been better. I served with a salad on the side. I would make this one again. Thanks!
- 3⁄4 lb linguine, cooked per package directions and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small bermuda onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like)
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded,chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced (I generally use a little more)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chile pepper and tequila, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, and cilantro; cook for another 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir feta cheese and avocado into the skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add to the hot linguine.
- Mix thoroughly; adjust seasonings again.