Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I could eat this everyday, I think! Lots of herbs and veggies, feta cheese, creamy avocado and a splash of tequila sauces up linguine (or fettucine). Bring on summer!
- 3⁄4 lb linguine, cooked per package directions and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small bermuda onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like)
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded,chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced (I generally use a little more)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chile pepper and tequila, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, and cilantro; cook for another 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Stir feta cheese and avocado into the skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add to the hot linguine.
- Mix thoroughly; adjust seasonings again.
We enjoyed this recipe tonight for dinner. It was definitely a departure (in a good way!) from our typical pasta dishes. This tasted very fresh and reminded me of the flavors of summer. It involves a lot of chopping, so reserve the recipe for a night when you are not in a rush to get dinner to the table. We made no modifcations to the ingredients other than to use a little more jalapeno and angel hair pasta as I realized as I began the recipe that I was out of linguine. This worked ok, but the linguine would have been better. I served with a salad on the side. I would make this one again. Thanks!
Very nice pasta dish. The brightness of the cilantro really brings out the feta's flavor. Thanks Angie
This was delicious, just a little overkill on the spiciness if made as described. I substituted a can of Mexican Rotel for the tomatoes and cilantro and soyrella cheese for feta and it was still very good so you fellow lactose intolerant people out there should give that a try! I never thought these ingredients would all come together in such a complementary way!