Recipe by Recipe Junkie
A great appetizer! I got this from Taste of Home. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread beans in shallow 2 and 1/2 quart dish.
- In bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Spread over beans.
- Sprinkle with chilies.
- In a bowl, mash avocados with lime juice, salt and garlic powder.
- Spread over the chilies.
- Sprinkle with cheese, onions, tomatoes and olives.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.