1/2 Photos of Avocado Sushi Salad
esmerelda smoot's Note:
An easy vegetarian sushi dish without all of the fuss. From Readers Digest Living. Works great as an appetizer or side dish and it's amazingly easy. I like to use the rice molds that they sell at Japanese markets for serving this salad. Soft lettuce works well if you wish to replace the spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- 2Add the rice and salt, cover and simmer for 17 minutes or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar to a boil.
- 4Remove from the heat.
- 5Stir into the cooked rice.
- 6Transfer the seasoned rice to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- 7Stir the carrot and avocados into the rice.
- 8Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture into four 8-ounce ramekins or bowls and gently but firmly press down.
- 9Arrange the spinach on serving plates and invert the molded rice salads onto the spinach.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Sushi Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g