1/7 Photos of Avocado Stuffed With Shrimp
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Good friends introduced us to Avocado Surprise in Puerto Penasco so this is my take on it. I used Appetizing Shrimp Scampi to cook the shrimp. Could be an appetizer or summer luncheon dish. Preparation includes 1 hour to chill. You could also make the shrimp salad aspect earlier in day as I have done. After looking at Sarah_Jayne's review, I agree that the salad aspect is slippery so have changed the directions a bit so it "works" better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shrimp, cooked and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon green olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, optional and minced
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- bibb lettuce
- 1Using a medium sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, rice vinegar, parsley, dill weed, salt, onion powder, and pepper until smooth.
- 2Mix in the shrimp, olives, celery, and onion.
- 3Allow salad to marinate at least 1 hour.
- 4Shortly before serving, cut avocados in half lengthwise and carefully remove the pits leaving the skins intact.
- 5Cut a small sliver of avocado off each half so that it will lie flatter on serving plate.
- 6Carefully remove several tablespoons of pulp, cut into bite size pieces, and RESERVE 4 tablespoons of pulp for garnish.
- 7Mix majority of pulp with shrimp mixture.
- 8Lay one piece of Bibb lettuce on each serving plate, add avocado shell, and spoon shrimp mixture into the avocado halves.
- 9Sprinkle paprika on.
- 10Garnish by dividing RESERVED pulp between portions.
Browse Our Top Baja Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Stuffed With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.1
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 492.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: