Recipe by teresas
This is another recipe out of our local KCTS cookbook called "Favorite Recipes". It was sent in by a viewer in Kirkland, Washington.
Top Tweak by I'mPat
I made as per recipe for the crabmeat (fresh blue swimmers) but used only 1 avocado for the MIL and I and scaled the mayo back to a half recipe. This is delicious and made a great lunch for the MIL and I. I got about 1 cup of dressing from a half recipe and we used it up mixing it with fresh crab meat and serving in wholemeal/wholegrain bread/rolls. Also flicked it over a green salad - lovely. A very versatile recipe which I will continue to use maybe using chicken in place of crabmeat and serve in lettuce leaves when avocados are out of season. Thank you TeresaS for a great holiday recipe/memory.
- 2 avocados, ripe and large
- 236.59 ml crabmeat, cooked
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 green olives, whole
- 2 whole dungeness crab legs (to garnish) (optional)
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 cup dressing below
Rich Mayonnaise Salad Dressing
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml chili sauce, bottled
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 2 tables olives, sliced
- 9.85 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 29.58 ml sweet pickled relish
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 egg, hard-boiled gated
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully peel the avocados, then cut in half lengthwise. Or you can keep the peel on.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Set each half on a plate filled with lettuce.
- Combine flaked crab meat, celery, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Season with a dash of salt.
- Fill hollow of each avocado with crab mixture.
- Top crab mound with dressing and garnish each pile with whole crab legs and quarters of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle all with a dash of paprika an top with ripe olive's.