Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another recipe out of our local KCTS cookbook called "Favorite Recipes". It was sent in by a viewer in Kirkland, Washington.
- 2 avocados, ripe and large
- 1 cup crabmeat, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 green olives, whole
- 2 whole dungeness crab legs (to garnish) (optional)
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 cup dressing below
Rich Mayonnaise Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 2 tables olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickled relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 egg, hard-boiled gated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Carefully peel the avocados, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Set each half on a plate filled with lettuce.
- Combine flaked crab meat, celery, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Season with a dash of salt.
- Fill hollow of each avocado with crab mixture.
- Top crab mound with dressing and garnish each pile with whole crab legs and quarters of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle all with a dash of paprika an top with ripe olive's.
Pick this recipe for Spring PAC 2013 and what a fabulous choice!!!!! This was delicious. We had some fresh avocados we brought back to Boise from California and used them. DH wants this again soon. Made as written and definately putting this into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting.
I made this especially for DH who loves avocadoes ... and crab. He really enjoyed this recipe and I know I'll make it again - it's quick and easy, and full of healthy ingredients. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.
I made as per recipe for the crabmeat (fresh blue swimmers) but used only 1 avocado for the MIL and I and scaled the mayo back to a half recipe. This is delicious and made a great lunch for the MIL and I. I got about 1 cup of dressing from a half recipe and we used it up mixing it with fresh crab meat and serving in wholemeal/wholegrain bread/rolls. Also flicked it over a green salad - lovely. A very versatile recipe which I will continue to use maybe using chicken in place of crabmeat and serve in lettuce leaves when avocados are out of season. Thank you TeresaS for a great holiday recipe/memory.