Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant version of an old favorite. Egg yolk combined with avocado, garlic and Tabasco - topped with smoked salmon and black pepper. They can also be used as a garnish for summer dishes. You can substitute tiny canned shrimp for the salmon.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 small thin slice smoked salmon, minced
- fresh roughly grated black pepper
- Scoop egg yolks in to a bowl, add avocado, garlic, oil, Tabasco and salt.
- Beat ingredients together until smooth, pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg white shells.
- Top the center of each filled egg half with a bit of smoked salmon and black pepper.
Lorac...great as usual! I loved the avocado mixed with the egg yolks. I cut back a little on the olive oil, maybe to a 1 1/2t. I added chopped shrimp from a can (rinsed and drained). The guests gobbled these up....even the kids. I was surprised at the kids eating something kind of green, LOL! It really was a nice, pretty touch to my cookout. Thanks!
Very pretty to look at. I used shrimp also. I think I stuffed too much filling into each egg white; they were almost too rich. I love avocado and I love deviled eggs, but the combo wasn't as wonderful as I had hoped. I'll try again and remember to adjust the volume of filling! Thanks, Lorac! For P-A-R-T-Y 2009