Recipe by strangelittlebeast
One day, making deviled eggs,I had a brilliant idea:use mashed avocado instead of mayo!!!They were so delicious, I make these more than the original now .Well,a quick search showed me my idea was not quite as original as I thought.Oh well.I guess great minds think alike ; ) Anyway,this is my version of eggs stuffed with avocado.
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 medium Hass avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickles or 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- cayenne or paprika, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a medium pot,cover with cold water.Bring the water to a boil.When the water is boiling hard,cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Let the eggs sit ,covered for about 12 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water and peel.Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Mash 1/2 of a medium avocado with a fork,mix in lemon juice.Mash the yolks with a fork and add to the avocado.Add the remaining ingredients,adjusting the seasoning to taste,and restuff the egg halves.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne or paprika.Serve immediately or chill covered until ready to serve.