Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from the California Avocado association website.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, freshly ground
- Place the chicken breasts on a flat, working surface.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together, except for the peppercorns.
- Reserve half of the mixture.
- Divide the remaining half onto the chicken breasts.
- Roll up the breasts, tucking in ends.
- Place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the peppercorns.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each breast in half.
- Place on a platter with the reserved Avocado mixture.
- You may garnish the platter with fresh basil, lime slices, small tomatoes & avocado slices (or any of these in different combinations).
Delicious, I will definitely keep this on my regular meal list.Easy to prepare, (other than the gathering/prep of the fresh basil - but oh what a worthwhile endeavour), sooo tasty! Thank you, Vino Girl :)
Good recipe and really healthy. My chicken was done quicker than the 45 minutes but I was using smaller pieces. This would be a good recipe for anyone watching there sodium intake because it's so flavorful and doesn't call for added salt. I served it with brown rice pilaf and and carrots.
Yummy, yummy in my tummy. We enjoy chicken/avocado recipes and especially liked the flavours in this one. The only change I made was that I browned the rolled chicken pieces in a skillet on each side. Then I baked for only 35 mins. I served them with mediterranean lemon pepper rice, thanks for sharing the recipe.