Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmm, do you love avocado as much as I do? This is a nice veggie hors d'oeuvre, or you can add a sprinkling of bacon. I've made it with Havarti cheese as well as Swiss. Number of servings depends on people's appetites.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, peeled and mashed
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled or 6 slices bottled bacon bits (optional)
- Remove the tops from the tomatoes.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Drain cut-side down on paper towels.
- In a small bowl beat together the avocado through seasoned salt until smooth.
- Stuff the avocado mixture into the tomatoes.
- Serve sprinkled w/ bacon bits.
Wonderful 5 stars! .. granted a little fussy to scoop out the tiny tomatoes but the avocado mix was georgous! I bought one small container of cherry tomatoes for this and had more avocado mixture than I needed to fill them so DH and I just grabbed a spoon each and the leftover avocado mix was gone faster than you could say *this is yummy* ! If we were serving just a few guests I would put these into cherry tomatoes again, but for a big crowd I would be tempted to halve Roma tomatoes and fill them, for the same idea but easier preperation. Please see my rating system for a wonderful 5 stars for an avocado mix that is total pleasure to demolish.. um... er, I mean, polish off in one hit :) I think you can safely guarantee no leftovers with this recipe. Thanks!
Very good. Solid recipe. we enjoyed very much. Thank you.
These were very good, but the first time I made these, I found that even though I added the lemon juice called for, the avocado still turned brown in the tomatoes. Didn't look pretty for the presentation. On the 2nd try, I sprinkled more lemon juice over the serving platter to counter the browning & that seemed to work just fine.