Recipe by mommyoffour
There is one other recipe on zaar but with different spices. We really like this recipe, not only does it taste great, it looks beautiful on a platter. I have never had any leftovers when making these for a get together.
- 36 cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeles and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- fresh cilantro, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut top off each cherry tomato.
- Scoop out tomatoes with melon baller, leaving enough for a firm shell.
- Cut small slice from bottom so tomatoes stand upright.
- Place remaining ingredients except cilantro in blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Carefully spoon 1 teaspoons avocado mixture into each tomato.
- Garnish with cilantro.