1/4 Photos of Avocado Strawberry Salad With Feta and Walnuts in a Tarragon Vin
Literary Mom's Note:
First place winner of the 2009 Craze-E contest. I created this simple yet sophisticated salad in the spirit of Mark Bittman's minimalist column in the NY Times. To dress up the presentation (though it's quite pretty as is), serve over a bed of greens. If you want to make it low calorie, replace the apple cider vinegar, sugar, and olive oil with one ingredient: a good balsamic vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large strawberries, sliced (stems removed)
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 2Divide strawberries and avocado evenly into two individual salad bowls.
- 3Drizzle approximately one tablespoon of vinaigrette over each.
- 4Top each salad with a tablespoon of walnuts and a tablespoon of feta.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Strawberry Salad With Feta and Walnuts in a Tarragon Vin
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 748.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g