Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light, refreshing salad. Adapted from a recipe card found at the grocery store.
Make and share this Avocado-Strawberry Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- Sprinkle lime juice over avocado.
- Combine avocado and strawberries in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, raspberry vinegar, and honey. Mix well, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Taste dressing and adjust to taste - a little more honey for sweeter, more vinegar to add more tart.
- Divide arugula evenly onto four salad plates.
- Top each with avocado and strawberry mixture.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar mixture.
A total winner - don't change a thing! I love how this beautiful and delicous salad comes together in minutes. It has a definite wow factor!! keep this one in your back pocket for last minute guests and they will think you are a culinary genius!
I swear I was a rabbit in my last life! Love salads! And this one is tops! I didn`t have raspberry vinegar so I added some seedless raspberry preserves to the dressing and skipped the honey. Delish! Thanks.
This was yummy! I used spinach instead of arugula. Nice mix of flavors and textures. Thanks! Made for the Vegetarian swap, April 2012.