Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Steak with avocado, refried beans and grilled onions on top of it. The combination of these three ingredients with the steak is outstanding, and is served in many wonderful restaurants in Cancun, Mexico! The flavor of the steak is enhanced by the toppings! And this is easy to make!
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place refried beans in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and season with salt and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until brown and tender.
- On the prepared grill, cook steaks 7 to 10 minutes, to and internal temperature of 145°F (65°C).
- Spread steaks with refried beans, and top with onions and avocado slices. Serve over rice.