Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a great change from the ordinary.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb fresh spinach, stemmed, washed and dried
- 2 star fruit, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- In small, heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat, stir in cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, stirring to mix well. In large bowl toss spinach with 3 tablespoons of warm dressing.
- Divide among 4 plates, arrange star fruit and avocado slices over top and drizzle with remaining dressing.