Avocado Soup With Ginger and Orange
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler over hot, hot water.
- Add the flour and blend with a wire whisk.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk.
- Add the salt, ginger and orange rind and cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened.
- Mash or sieve one avocado and add to the sauce. Stir in thoroughly. Chill.
- Serve the chilled soup in chilled soup bowls or cups.
- Garnish with the remaining avocado, cubed, whipped cream and a sprinkling of preserved ginger.
- NOTE: this soup may also be heated before serving.