Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple and elegant, this is a soup to be enjoyed by avocado lovers and even those who may consider this delicious vegetable "fruit of soap" instead of "fruit of butter". It is perfect with a Mexican meal, or on other occasions for that matter. I haven't tried it chilled, but why not. If chilled, I would change the garnish to chopped tomatoes.
- 3 fully ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1419.54 ml of your best rich chicken broth
- 6 tortilla chips (to garnish)
- Remove pulp from the avocados.
- Use a blender to puree the avocados with the broth.
- Heat the mixture to just short of boiling and serve garnished with broken tortilla chips.
This soup is very rich and delicious. I added a little finely chopped onion before pureeing. I garnished w/ light sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro. Yummy! I think it would be good chilled, too. Thanx for posting; I'll make this again.