Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really easy recipe I found in the Best Ever 30 Minute Cookbook. It takes no time at all are really tastes great. It's a hot soup and a wonderful first course for a meal.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the peel and lift out the pits. Chop the flesh coarsely and place it in a food processor with 3-4 Tbsp of the sour cream. Process until smooth.
- Heat the chicken stock in a pan. When it is hot, but still below simmering point, add the rest of the sour cream and stir gently to mix.
- Gradually stir the avocado mixture into the hot stock. Heat gently but do not let the mixture approach boiling point. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle each portion with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.