Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is rich but very good.
Make and share this Avocado Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley sprig
- Combine avocados, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lime juice, sherry, and chicken broth in a blender and puree.
- Stir in cream and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
I made 4 servings and a couple of subs. I used white wine for the sherry and fat free evap milk for the cream and like Rita whizzed it in the Vitamix. It's lovely and smooth and rich tasting even with the fat free milk. After a taste test I tucked it into the fridge and I expect it will be even better tomorrow.
Kel this soup is delicious and very filling, so a small bowl will go a long way! thanks for sharing, Kitten:)
I cut the recipe down to 2 servings and ate both.(It came out to 1 bowl full as seen in picture). This was delish! I put all the ingredients into my vitamix and blended to a creamy soup! I did use half and half in place of the heavy cream and added fresh cilantro. Thanks KelBel for posting this delish soup!