This is 3 of my favorite ingredients..great for spring/summer dining. Super easy to prepare and looks great on the plate. COOKS NOTES: Taste the dressing first, and season prior to adding to salad. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! Due to the style of the ingredients I have chosen ZWT REGION: Belgium / BeNeLux.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, in shells peeled and deveined (18 to 20)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 firm-ripe california avocados (preferably Hass)
- 1 lb Belgian endive, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces (4 heads)
- 1Bring 2 quarts water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan, then poach shrimp at a bare simmer, uncovered, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 2Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Let shrimp chill in water 2 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- 3Whisk together tarragon, mustard, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a serving bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- 4Quarter avocados lengthwise, then pit, peel, and cut into bite-size pieces. Add shrimp, avocados, and endive to dressing and toss.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Shrimp, and Endive Salad
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.8
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 3281.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 41.7 g