Recipe by bullwinkle
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it is one of the meatless sandwiches that I like. The cook time doessn't include the time it takes to cook the bacon if you are adding this to your sandwich. I don't use as much mayonnaise as listed so add it to your own taste
Top Review by cookiedog
Delightful! I would have never had thought to add the raw mushrooms but they gave the sandwich some substance and were great! I love avocado anything and this sandwich calmed my avocado craving. Thank you Bullwinkle!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices avocados, tossed with a little
- lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise.
- On one slice lay the 6 slices of avocado, mushroom slices, tomato slices,bacon slices if using, mozzarella cheese and the sunflower seeds.
- Put the layered avocado half of the sandwich 4-6 inches from the heat and cook until the cheese is melted and the sunflower seeds are lightly toasted. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Cut sandwich in half to serve if desired.