Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this at A Spicy Perspective blog. I love that it has avocado (I have 2 trees) and I love it is a large batch. Just scale it down if you just want some for right now.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel and chop the onions into quarters. Place the tomatillos, onions, garlic and jalapenos on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes—until the exteriors are blistered but the insides are still slightly raw.
- Meanwhile, half the avocados, remove the seeds, and scoop out the flesh.
- Cut the jalapenos in half and scrape out the seeds. Discard seeds.
- Place HALF of the tomatillos, onions, jalapenos and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Add HALF of the cumin, salt, cilantro and avocado. Pulse until the avocado is pureed into the mixture. Taste for salt.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- If you desire an extra tart quality, add a bit of lime juice at the end.
- Not a good idea to can due to the avocado. However, it will freeze well.