Found this at A Spicy Perspective blog. I love that it has avocado (I have 2 trees) and I love it is a large batch. Just scale it down if you just want some for right now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Peel and chop the onions into quarters. Place the tomatillos, onions, garlic and jalapenos on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil.
- 3Roast in the oven for 15 minutes—until the exteriors are blistered but the insides are still slightly raw.
- 4Meanwhile, half the avocados, remove the seeds, and scoop out the flesh.
- 5Cut the jalapenos in half and scrape out the seeds. Discard seeds.
- 6Place HALF of the tomatillos, onions, jalapenos and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- 7Add HALF of the cumin, salt, cilantro and avocado. Pulse until the avocado is pureed into the mixture. Taste for salt.
- 8Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- 9If you desire an extra tart quality, add a bit of lime juice at the end.
- 10Not a good idea to can due to the avocado. However, it will freeze well.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (2254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g