Found this at A Spicy Perspective blog. I love that it has avocado (I have 2 trees) and I love it is a large batch. Just scale it down if you just want some for right now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Peel and chop the onions into quarters. Place the tomatillos, onions, garlic and jalapenos on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil.
- 3Roast in the oven for 15 minutes—until the exteriors are blistered but the insides are still slightly raw.
- 4Meanwhile, half the avocados, remove the seeds, and scoop out the flesh.
- 5Cut the jalapenos in half and scrape out the seeds. Discard seeds.
- 6Place HALF of the tomatillos, onions, jalapenos and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- 7Add HALF of the cumin, salt, cilantro and avocado. Pulse until the avocado is pureed into the mixture. Taste for salt.
- 8Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- 9If you desire an extra tart quality, add a bit of lime juice at the end.
- 10Not a good idea to can due to the avocado. However, it will freeze well.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (2254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g