Recipe by Tisme
A great recipe to use when you need something a little different to serve than just dips and cheeses. Preparation time includes chilling in this recipe.
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 green spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 small cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap extending wrap 5cm over the side.
- (This recipe fills approx a 2 cup capacity bowl ~ so you could use 2 small bowls).
- Make salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend avocado, cream cheese, spring onions, garlic, sweet chilli and juice until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salsa among bowl/bowls. Top with avocado mixture. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn out and serve with crackers.
- Spread can be made up to one day ahead, keep covered in refrigerator.