Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
While on a search for an avocado, tomato and feta cheese salad served at a local restaurant, I came across this salsa recipe which I think will work beautifully with the addition of Feta cheese.
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded, chopped (or 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced (discard pit)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- In a bowl, combine chopped avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime zest.
- Whisk together lime juice and oil and drizzle over salsa.
- Cover and let the flavors blend in the refrigerator about one hour before serving.
- NOTE: If using Feta cheese, add it prior to drizzling the lime juice and oil over it.