Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick but impressive meal with a taste different to most other pasta dishes I know.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced (and seeded if you don't like the heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can crabmeat (the better option) or 1 can tuna
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the red onion, avocado, tomatoes, coriander, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, before setting aside.
- Take out a frying pan and heat the remaining oil.
- Cook the garlic and chili briefly before adding the crabmeat to the pan and heating throughout.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir in the warm crabmeat mixtrue, spoon over the salsa and serve!
This is a great new way to serve avocado. Fresh and light. I think I'll adjust the recipe a bit next time by adding more cilantro and lime and not heating the tuna, it seems like it gets a little fishy when heated. Cooking the garlic and pepper adding more and some bell pepper, in olive oil, tossing with the pasta and then adding everything else. Thanks for posting this unique, tasty recipe.
I made this a few weeks ago, twice within a couple of days, and just realised I forgot to leave a review.<br/><br/>As you can probably tell by my 5 star rating, and that fact that I made it a second time, we loved it. I wouldn't change a thing.<br/><br/>Thanks, Sackville.