Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick but impressive meal with a taste different to most other pasta dishes I know.
Make and share this Avocado Salsa Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced (and seeded if you don't like the heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can crabmeat (the better option) or 1 can tuna
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the red onion, avocado, tomatoes, coriander, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, before setting aside.
- Take out a frying pan and heat the remaining oil.
- Cook the garlic and chili briefly before adding the crabmeat to the pan and heating throughout.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir in the warm crabmeat mixtrue, spoon over the salsa and serve!