Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love these burgers, which feature guacamole and juicy southwestern flavored burgers with pepper jack cheese. Treat yourself and your guests to these "salsa" burgers, along with something good like skillet fries with onions and a black bean and corn salad.
Avocado Salsa Condiment
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs 80% lean ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup bottled salsa
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix or 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, blend
- 1 teaspoon tabasco chipotle chili sauce
- monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced
- 6 onion hamburger buns
- Cut the avocado in half and discard the seed.
- Mash the avocado with the other condiment ingredients in a small bowl, then refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl blend the ground beef with the salsa, fajita seasoning, and Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.
- Divide the burger meat into six portions and make patties.
- Grill the burgers on a charcoal or gas grill.
- Toast the buns on the grill and serve the burgers topped with the cheese and avocado salsa.
Very tasty! Loved the avocado-mayo with the cheese and well-seasoned burgers. I halved the recipe and made 4 burgers which we did not eat on buns because we are reducing our carb intake. We'll definitely have again. Thanks for posting.
Delicious and easy meal. I used ground turkey breast in substitution for the ground beef, and light sour cream instead of mayo in the salsa. We grilled the burgers and enjoyed a lovely outdoor meal. Thanks!