Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This creamy sauce is found at any authentic mexican taco stand. It can be used to top salads, tacos, or as a dipping sauce.
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 4 tomatillos
- 1 serrano chili
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatillos, garlic, and serrano chile in a small pot. Cover with water and boil on high for 10 minutes.
- Place the tomatillos, garlic, and chile (stem removed) into a blender or food processor with 3 tbsp of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the ingredients until they are pureed, about 15 seconds.
- Add the avocado, salt, cilantro, and cumin and blend for 30 seconds. Lastly, add in the sourcream and pulse just until folded together.