Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a salsa to be used as a topping for tacos, quesadillas and burritos! From RSVP in Bon Appetit.
- 2 large firm but ripe avocados, peeled,pitted,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomatoes (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chili, with seeds
- Gently mix avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice and chillies in medium bowl.
- Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Salsa can be prepared 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.).
This is a great recipe for avacado lovers. After mixing the ingredients together, I tasted it and decided it needed some garlic salt. I'm sure I'll make this again, but next time I will probably cut back a tad on the cilantro. Others who tried it felt less cilantro would allow the other ingredients be heard a little more. But everyone enjoyed it, so I still gave it a 5-star. Good stuff Bev.
This was excellent served with tacquitos, beans and rice... I loved the heat of the chilies and the bite of the chuncky tomatoes. Thanks for sharing a keeper! ~V
Yum! I used some of this on a portabello taco and absolutely loved it! I ate the rest out of the bowl. Thanks Bev!