- 2 ripe avocados (not too soft, though)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine, soaked in ice water and thoroughly drained
- 1 -2 pickled jalapeno chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados.
- Chop avocados fine and in a bowl stir together with remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Best served at room temperature.
- May be made up to 4 hours early, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated.