Yummy avocado salsa recipe!
Make and share this Avocado Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ripe avocados (not too soft, though)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine, soaked in ice water and thoroughly drained
- 1 -2 pickled jalapeno chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados.
- Chop avocados fine and in a bowl stir together with remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Best served at room temperature.
- May be made up to 4 hours early, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated.
"jalapeno chili"? Sounds fantastic, but dunno if I've ever seen it. And I've lived in Austin and Reno.
YUM! Sooooo good. Had this with tortilla chips along with Tacos for dinner fantastic! Didn't have red onion, used yellow instead and it made for a great substitute. Fresh cilantro is key to this. It really makes a difference.
Had this in burritos with beef mince, mexican beans, jalepenos, lettuce and sour cream. Very, very tasty and so quick to make.