Recipe by Geema
Warming the vinaigrette makes this salad special and really brings out the aroma of the fresh basil. It's from Martha Stewart's Quick Cook. I think that adding some grilled shrimp or chicken to this recipe would make a wonderful luncheon dish.
Top Review by Rita~
Geema, Thanks for posting this delish recipe!I followed it almost exactly!!I didn`t have red wine vinegar so I used Balsamic vinegar and topped it with toasted pine nuts. The avocado just made this so creamy dreamy good! Lots of flavor and texture! Very easy to make!
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- soft leaf lettuce
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly bring to a simmer.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Slice the avocados and place on the soft lettuce on individual salad plates.
- spoon on the warm vinaigrette and serve immediately.