Warming the vinaigrette makes this salad special and really brings out the aroma of the fresh basil. It's from Martha Stewart's Quick Cook. I think that adding some grilled shrimp or chicken to this recipe would make a wonderful luncheon dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper.
- 2Heat thoroughly bring to a simmer.
- 3Immediately remove from heat.
- 4Slice the avocados and place on the soft lettuce on individual salad plates.
- 5spoon on the warm vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salad with Warm Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.2
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g