1/2 Photos of Avocado Salad With Tomato Relish
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe was published in Favorite Brand Name Classic Mexican Recipes and makes a wonderful salad for a Mexican theme dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, about 1/2 pound
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small shallot
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (may remove the seeds for a milder dish)
- 2 large firm ripe avocados
- 2 -3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1Mix the vinegar, orange juice, orange peel, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 2Gradually whisk in oil until dressing is thoroughly blended.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, shallot and jalapeno, toss lightly to mix; allow to stand, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- 4Just before serving, cut avocados lengthwise into halves; remove and discard pit, cut the avocados lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 5Arrange the avocados over chilled, lettuce lined plates; top with tomato relish and garnish with a spring of cilantro, orange peel or tomato wedge.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salad With Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g