Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad was a pleasant surprise, it was light, refreshing and full of flavor. We really enjoyed the way the different flavors and textures blended in this dish to create a tasty salad, nothing was overpowering. The tangy, sweet, rich pomegranate juice really enhanced this dish and pulled it all together.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup arugula, baby, rinsed & dried
- 1 cup lettuce, baby, romaine, rinsed & dried
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, small, rinsed & dried, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 pink grapefruit, small, cut into sections than halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- To make the drizzle put the pomegranate juice in a small stainless steel saucepan over high heat.
- Boil the juice until reduced to 1/3 cup (approximately 8 – 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the corn syrup, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes and set a side to cool.
- In a large bowl add the arugula, romaine lettuce, snow peas and cucumber.
- Peel the grapefruit, cut into sections, than cut each section in half.
- Next peel and slice the avocados and chop coarsely.
- Add both the grapefruit and avocado pieces to the lettuce bowl and toss lightly.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the vinagrette over the salad, toss lightly, sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top for garnish and enjoy.
Delicious and refreshing salad. I forgot to add the snow peas. I wasn't able to get my hands on pomegranate seeds, so subbed in some dried cranberries. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)
What a wonderful salad! Now that I write the review, I could already eat it again, it was so utterly delicious. The pomegranate dressing and the grapefruit went so well with the bitterness of the arugula and the mild avocado. Absolutely a keeper! Thanks for this brillant idea!
Made for RSC #18