1/1 Photo of Avocado Salad With Pomegranate Drizzle
Baby Kato's Note:
This salad was a pleasant surprise, it was light, refreshing and full of flavor. We really enjoyed the way the different flavors and textures blended in this dish to create a tasty salad, nothing was overpowering. The tangy, sweet, rich pomegranate juice really enhanced this dish and pulled it all together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup arugula, baby, rinsed & dried
- 1 cup lettuce, baby, romaine, rinsed & dried
- 1/2 cup snow peas, small, rinsed & dried, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 pink grapefruit, small, cut into sections than halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- 1To make the drizzle put the pomegranate juice in a small stainless steel saucepan over high heat.
- 2Boil the juice until reduced to 1/3 cup (approximately 8 – 10 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat and immediately stir in the corn syrup, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes and set a side to cool.
- 4In a large bowl add the arugula, romaine lettuce, snow peas and cucumber.
- 5Peel the grapefruit, cut into sections, than cut each section in half.
- 6Next peel and slice the avocados and chop coarsely.
- 7Add both the grapefruit and avocado pieces to the lettuce bowl and toss lightly.
- 8When ready to serve, drizzle the vinagrette over the salad, toss lightly, sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top for garnish and enjoy.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salad With Pomegranate Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.7
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 616.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar