Recipe by DVG2000
This satisfying Southwestern salad is light and tangy with a nice kick from the cayenne. I love to eat this salad with crunchy corn tortilla chips.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons davinci gourmet orange sugar-free syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, leaves separated and cleaned
- 1 ear of corn, shucked and removed from cob (or substitute frozen corn kernels)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a small pot of salted water to boil and set up a small bowl of ice water.
- Add the corn to boiling water and cook until done, about 2 minutes.
- Strain and shock in ice water.
- Strain again.
- In a small bowl, combine blanched corn, avocado, pepper, onion, cilantro, oil, vinegar, syrup, salt, cumin, and cayenne.
- Toss gently to combine.
- On each of the four plates arrange a few romaine leaves.
- Mound avocado and corn salad on top.
- Garnish with corn tortilla chips if desired.