Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice salad adapted from Veggie Ventures. If you have never had hearts of palm, they are very good! The dressing makes more than enough to feed 4.
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- lettuce (green leafy, red, spinach, iceberg, romaine-your choice)
- 1-2 avocado, diced
- 198.44 g canned hearts of palm, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Arrange the lettuce on four small plates. Stir together the avocado, hearts of palm and onion in a small bowl. Stir in enough dressing to just wet the ingredients. Arrange in mounds atop the lettuce. Serve.
So delicious!! Love the dressing
This salad was delicious :) I love avocados and hearts of palm so I knew I had to try it. The dressing was great, only thing I did different was to double the dressing for us, Thanks! Made for The Rail Riding Rowdies ZWT5.
This was a refreshing salad and I gave it 5 stars although I felt like it needed a tad more spice so I added some aji sauce I had on hand. That was the perfect touch. OH! I added the rest of the camarone from the appetizer before salad tonight. Just seemed like shrimp were perfect with this. Thanks for another great ZWT4 recipe, Sharon!