Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This recipe is from Super Food Ideas magazine in Australia.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This is really nice, a light salad with enough flavor and texture to be satisfying. I did make a few minor adjustments; I used fresh green beans instead of snap peas and added a few extra cups of mixed greens for bulk. This made the dressing to salad ratio perfect for us. The toasted sesame seeds were a nice touch, too, and really set off the avocado nicely. Thanks for posting! Made for Veg*n Swap #13.
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, sliced
- 100 g mixed greens
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons japanese rice vinegar
- 1 cm piece gingerroot, peeled, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Ginger Dressing:
- Place mirin, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar, oils and sesame seeds in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add sugar snap peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Place sugar snap peas, avocado and salad leaves in a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss gently to combine.