Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocados are one of the most "nutrient dense" foods available and a half avocado contains only 138 calories It contains Vitamins A, C, E, Niacin, Folic acid and Magnesium. Also has Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine And high Potassium content and many other minerals such as Iron, Copper & Phosphourus. So eat Hearty!!
- 2 avocados, peeled & sliced
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1⁄2 pint cocktail tomatoes
- 3 slices bacon, cooked,drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Spiced clear dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- Tear the lettuce into a salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes and avocado.
- Sprinkle with Bacon and cheese.
- Just before serving toss with the dressing (use only as much as you like).
- To make the dressing: Blend all the dressing ingredients together.
Delicious salad--I halved the recipe and made just enough for me. I did substitute spinach for the Boston lettuce and tossed in 1/2 grapefruit, sectioned.
Great salad with an unusual and unexpected flavor from cardamon and grapefruit juice in the dressing. Thought about half the amount of dressing was more than enough. Didn't realize until later that it had no oil which is always a plus. Great recipe, Bergy. Thanks for sharing!
I made this salad for lunch today and it was absolutely delicious! I didn't have Boston lettuce so I just used the Iceberg I had on hand.I didn't use as much honey but thats just because I am calorie counting but the dressing was still excellent! This was so light and healthy and satisfying! Thanks for a great recipe!