Recipe by *SimplyME*
Quick and simple
Top Review by Midwest Maven
We did enjoy this salad, but I had to make a few changes with it. First there wasn't any mention of what to do with the honey, so I assumed it went in the dressing. After making the dressing it was much too sweet for us and I didn't think the orange juice would compliment the avocado, so I made my own dressing. I swapped out the orange juice for lemon juice and added 6 more tbsp. olive oil than listed and left out the sugar and honey. I also added some chopped cilantro and threw in some crumbled bacon. I love avocados, and this salad has alot of potential, thanks! Made this for Spring PAC 2008.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and black pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and sliced into thin strips
- 1 dash sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, olive oil, olives, garlic, and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine avocados and onions. Pour the olive dressing over the avocado mixture and toss lightly.
- Serve on a bed of sliced romaine.