Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice twist on taco salad. I have taken this to potlucks at work and everyone loved it. Makes a nice meal in the summer when it's too hot to cook.
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- corn chips
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, beans, tomatoes, chilies and olives; chill, covered until ready to serve.
- In another bowl, blend avocado and sour cream.
- Add Italian dressing, onion, chili powder, salt and a dash of pepper, mix well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss salad mixture with dressing.
- Top with shredded cheese and chips.
My family really liked this recipe. I added some chopped up chicken to it and made it a main course.