Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy avocado salad with corn and tomatoes wrapped in lettuce! Healthy and delicious! Adapted from Living and Raw Foods.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut off
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 -8 large romaine lettuce leaves (or lettuce of choice)
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture onto lettuce leaves and wrap. I like to use butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce.
A symphony of flavors! Quickly put together with things on hand, it was just awesome. Your recipe didn't say whether to use the small Haas avocados or the large Florida avocados. I had the Florida kind so it made a huge bowlful. Didn't hurt my feelings one bit! Bless you Sharon123 for sharing. We had a great dinner!
I made the avocado filling to go in chicken wraps in tortillas. Absolutely wonderful. Will definitely be making this again and again and again and again - I'm a huge avocado fan.
I usually make guacamole like this (typically without the corn though) so I loved this recipe. Serving it on lettuce was a nice way to turn this into a healthy lunch.