Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was adapted from a recipe from Company's Coming. The avocado is the star but it mixes nicely with the vegetables and beans. Cut and add the avocado in just before you serve it so that it doesn't turn dark. The last 7 ingredients are the dressing.
- 3 -4 cups romaine lettuce (torn)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans (drained, use black or green beans if you prefer)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 12 grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1⁄2-1 cup crouton (your preference)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or white vinegar if you prefer)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Toss the first 6 ingredients just before ready to serve.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients (from olive oil to mustard) and pour over the salad.
- Toss and sprinkle croutons on top.
Great meatless salad! I loved the dressing.... I did cut the oil down to a bit less than 1/2 cup. I made this as written but skipped the croutons. It's very light and refreshing. Thanx for sharing!
I loved this! I made the dressing by using a flavour shaker and served this fresh and absolutely tasteful salad with lasagna. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for ZWT5
Loved it! Laffer, what a delicious dressing! I especially enjoyed the combination of the lime juice and dry mustard. I changed up the salad a bit using olives rather than kidney beans and regular tomatoes rather than cherry, otherwise made per recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for Please Review My Recipe, Please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most