Oh my goodness, this is a great recipe. I always make it with my SUPER, IMPRESS MY FRIENDS dinner combination. The Cilantro-Lime Rice and Tequila-Orange Shrimp posted by me. Everyone raves afterward! The more the juices of each dish mixes, the better. Once on a vacation I didn't have a blender so I minced everything and it really works in a pinch. This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup more freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes total)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- coarse salt
- 1 medium jalapeno chile (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 medium avocados (about 8 ounces each)
- 1In a small bowl, combine onion with 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt; toss to combine.Let lime-marinated onion sit at room temperature until it softens and brightens in color, about 1 hour (up to 1 day covered and refrigerated).
- 2Make dressing: In a blender, combine remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar: season generously with salt. Blend until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream through the feeder opening until incorporated.
- 3Just before serving, slice avocados; arrange on a serving platter. Top with onion; drizzle with dressing.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g