Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This Avocado Roll is excellent to serve in a party and as a variation of the traditional and delicious Mexican Guacamole. A friend of mine gave me this delicious recipe. Enjoy it in your next party.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 large avocados, slightly firm
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Beat cream cheese until creamy and soft, and spread half of the cheese in a big square of parchment paper.
- Add chopped pecans over the cheese, and then another cheese layer over the pecans.
- Puree the avocados and mix with lemon juice,chopped tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Add a layer of the avocado mix on top of the cheese layer.
- Roll carefully the parchment paper to form the roll and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but overnight is better.
- Cut in slices and serve with crackers, tortilla or potato chips.