Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My vice is chips and dips (I'm not really into sweets) and as you may have guessed I love garlic. This is a very garlicy recipe so you may want to reduce the garlic quantity. (Note: cook time is for roasting the garlic)
- 6 avocados
- 4 heads roasted garlic
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mash avocados and roasted garlic (texture should be somewhat"chunky" not smooth).
- Fold in remaining ingredients, be sure to blend well.
- Let chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- If color turns brownish upon serving, sprinkle with a bit of lemon or lime juice.
This was delicious with tortilla chips.
This is an absolutely divine dip! The aroma of the roasted garlic is [i]to die for[/i]! I love it. Thany you Rise for the recipe!
I made this as part of Worldwide Recipezaar Day on February 10th. The recipe assumes that you will have roasted garlic, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Not everyone knows how to roast garlic and this could mess up an otherwise delicious appetizer! Fortunately, I can roast garlic and this was delicious! We had this with Swedish Rykrisp bread. Thanks Rise!