Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
True avocado ritz is normally made with prawns (or shrimp), but this budget version using canned tuna is also delish! I normally serve this as a starter, but have occasionally had one or two avo halves as a lunch or summer main meal.
- 2 avocados, halved
- lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 8 shrimp (to garnish) (optional)
- Halve the avocados and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration (Hint, place the avo halves back together with the pip - also aids in preventing discoloration).
- Mix together the tuna, mayo, sauces and onion.
- Spoon into the avo halves and garnish with shrimp if using.
I will take this budget version any day. We just loved this on crackers. I used fat free mayo, but sadly had no shrimp.
Very good, easy recipe. I'm trying out the flat belly diet, and this is a perfect recipe for me. It's delicious and nutritious, MUFA's, etc. I used low-fat mayo and included the shrimp!