Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocado's are a favorite South African fruit and are often used in starters and salads. This dish is quick to prepare and is always well received when the weather is hot.
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 340.19 g small shrimp, well drained
- seafood sauce, to taste
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, totaste
- iceberg lettuce leaf
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Cut the avocado's in half and remove the stones.
- Dip the edges in lemon juice. Season with salt and Cayenne pepper.
- Place avocado's on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Fill with shrimps and spoon seafood sauce on the top of each one.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
What a delicious lunch this made and so quick and easy. I used my recipe of Prawn Cocktail Sauce as the sauce and loved the bite of my sauce with a little bit extra from cayenne pepper. Thank you Annacia, made for Please Review My Recipe.
It's long since I made this simple starter, so had to check again on ingredients! Very nice recipe! I am sorry about a less than good photo, but I battled with the photos -- under kitchen lights, as it became dark early due to heavy clouds.
Oh so good!!! I don't like tiny shrimp so I cut up some jumbo shrimp. The combination of all the ingredients was perfect and I especially liked the kick of cayenne. Delicious and will be made again! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Annacia! :)