Recipe by EmilyStrikesAgain
Delicious, fast, simple, and healthy take on the classic sandwich from vegcooking.com. Use store-bought Thousand Island Dressing or make just enough on your own for this recipe.
- 2 slices rye bread or 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sauerkraut
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread one slice of bread with some mustard and the other slice with Thousand Island dressing.
- Place the bread slices, dry side down, in a lightly oiled skillet. Top one slice with avocado and the other with sauerkraut.
- Over medium heat, grill the sandwich until lightly browned and hot, about 5 minutes. Put the sandwich halves together and enjoy!