Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I store ingredients separately, then throw together a quick sandwich when I'm hungry.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 12 slices marbled rye bread
- Peel and slice avocado.
- Mix together sauerkraut and dressing (slowly add in dressing and test part way to make sure it's not too strong).
- Each sandwich consists of 2 slices bread, 1 slice cheese, 1/4 cup sauerkraut mix, 3 slices avocado.
- Use cooking spray and lightly fry sandwich on each side (or use panini grill).
Made this for my vegetarian daughter and she loved it and wants me to make this again and very soon she said.
Wow! I did not miss the meat. The technique of mixing the kraut and dressing worked great.